It is possible that you're seeing the wrong OBO Bettermann website. You can switch to the following national variants::
As the operator of the website www.obo.de, OBO Bettermann GmbH & Co. KG, Hüingser Ring 52, 58710 Menden, Germany (hereinafter referred to as: "We") is responsible for the personal data of the users (hereinafter referred to as: "You") of the website in the sense of the German Data Protection Act ("BDSG").
We protect your privacy and your private data. We collect, process and use your personal data in agreement with the contents of these data protection regulations as well as the applicable German data protection laws, in particular the BDSG and the Telemedia Act ("TMG"). These data protection regulations specify which personal data about you we collect, process and use. We would therefore ask you to read the following information carefully.
1. Collection of personal data
1.1 In the sense of these data protection regulations, personal data is individual items of information on your personal or material relationships. In particular, this includes your name, your e-mail address and your address and telephone number.
1.2 Personal data also includes information on your use of our website, which we collect in accordance with this data protection declaration. In the case of website visits purely for information purposes, this usually occurs in the form of log files and cookies.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
2.1 To process information you require or enquiries you make to us, for example, via our contact form.
2.2 To send you the newsletter you order.
2.3 To ensure that our website is presented to you in the most effective and interesting manner possible.
2.4 To allow your participation in interactive offers, such as competitions, should you desire it.
2.5 To prevent possible abuse, such as intentional attacks on the OBO systems and to guarantee their safety.
3. Information on your computer, cookies and targeting
3.1 Each time you access our website, we collect the following information about your computer or other device which you use to access our websites: The IP address of your computer or other device, the enquiry by your browser and the time of this enquiry. In addition, the status and volume of data transmitted as part of this enquiry are recorded. We also collect product and version information on the browser used and the operating system of your computer. In addition, we record from which website our site was accessed. The IP address of your computer is only saved in shortened form for the time you are using the website and is then deleted immediately, unless you have expressly permitted the saving of the unshortened IP address. The remaining data is saved for a limited period of time. We use this data for the operation of our website, in particular to detect and eliminate errors in the website, to determine website use and to make adjustments or improvements.
3.2 Under certain circumstances, we also collect information about your use of our website through the use of so-called browser cookies. These are small text files saved on your data carrier, which save specific settings and data for exchange with our system via your browser. A cookie usually contains the name of the domain from which the cookie data was sent, as well as information on the age of the cookie and an alphanumeric identifier. Cookies allow our systems to recognise the device of the user and make any available presettings available immediately. As soon as a user accesses the platform, a cookie is transferred to the hard disk of the computer of the appropriate user. Cookies help us to improve our website and to offer you a better, more tailor-made service. They allow us to recognise your computer again when you return to our website and thus:
– To save information on your preferred activities on the website and thus align our website to your individual interests. For example, this contains adverts corresponding to your personal interests;
– To accelerate the speed at which your enquiries are processed.
3.3 The cookies we use only save the above-mentioned data about your use of the website. This is not done through assignment to you as a person but through assignment of an identification number to the cookie ("Cookie ID"). There is no combination of the cookie ID with your name, your IP address or similar data, which would allow the cookie to be assigned to you.
3.4 This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text data that is saved on your computer enabling the analysis of your use of the website. The information about your use of our website generated by the cookie is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and saved there. However, should IP anonymisation be activated on this website, then Google will shorten your IP address within the member states of the European Union or in other states which are members of the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will, at the behest of the operator of this website, use this information to evaluate your use of the website to produce reports concerning website activities for the website operator and to produce additional services associated with the use of the Internet and website. The IP address transferred in the context of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data by Google. You can prevent the saving of the cookies via a special setting of your browser software; however, in that case, please be aware that you might not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent. In addition, you can prevent collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser link available at the following location (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
You can prevent collection by Google Analytics by clicking the following link. An opt-out cookie is set, which prevents future collection of your data when you visit this website: Deactivate Google Analytics.
You can find more information on the conditions of use and data protection at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html and at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/. We would like to point out that, on this website, Google Analytics has been supplemented with the code "gat._anonymizeIp();", in order to ensure anonymous collection of IP address (so-called IP masking).
When using Google Analytics, we also use the functions of Universal Analytics. Universal Analytics allow us to analyse the activities on our pages across multiple devices (e.g. for access from a laptop and later from a tablet). This is done by the assignment of a user ID to a user as a pseudonym. Such an assignment occurs, for example, when you register for a customer account or log into your customer account. However, no personal data is forwarded to Google. Even if Universal Analytics add additional functions to Google Analytics, this does not mean that there is a restriction of data protection measures, such as IP masking or the browser add-on.
3.5 Before setting browser cookies, we inform you about their use on the home page of our website by showing the text:
When you use our website, you agree to the use and storage of cookies on your terminal. You can also set up your browser in such a way that the saving of cookies is not permitted. Please note that, in this case, you will only be able to use our website in a limited manner or not at all. If you wish to accept only our own cookies, but not the cookies of our service providers and partners, you can select the "Block cookies from third parties" option in your browser.
4. Newsletter sending
(1) We use the newsletter to inform you of our range of services.
(2) If you wish to receive the letter, we need you to send us an e-mail address as well as information allowing us to check that you are the owner of the stated e-mail address or that its owner has agreed to receiving the newsletter. No additional data is collected. This data is only used for sending the newsletter and is not passed on to third parties.
(3) By registering for the newsletter, you agree to us saving your IP address and the registration date. This saving is only used as proof should a third party misuse an e-mail address and register for newsletter receipt without the knowledge of the authorised person.
(4) You can revoke your permission for saving the data, the e-mail address and its use for sending the newsletter at any time. Revocation can take place via a link in the newsletters or via a message to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Contact form
(1) By using the contact form, you agree that the data you state there for making contact and for allocation for possible feedback is saved permanently.
(2) You can revoke the granted permission at any time for effect in the future by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
6. Data security
All the information you send to us is saved on servers within the European Union. Sadly, transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, meaning that we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our website via the Internet. However, we secure our website and other systems with technical and organisational measures against loss, destruction, access, changes or propagation of your data by unauthorised people. In particular, we transmit your personal data in encrypted form. We use the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) and TLS (Transport Layer Security) encoding systems.
7. Forwarding of your personal data
(1) We do not forward your personal data to third parties unless you have agreed to the data forwarding or we are authorised or obliged by the law and/or authorities or courts to forward data. In particular, this could be the provision of information for purposes of punishment, countering risks or implementing intellectual property rights.
(2) For the dispatch of required information material, it may occur that we will forward your data to a processor of order data. We choose these processors of order data carefully and contractually oblige them to compliance with the required technical and organisational measures stipulated in § 9 of the German Data Protection Law.
8. Data protection and third-party websites, as well as social media
(1) The website can contain hyperlinks to and from websites of third parties. If you follow a hyperlink to one of these websites, please note that we cannot accept any responsibility or guarantee for third-party content or data protection conditions. Please make yourself aware of the appropriately valid data protection conditions before you transfer personal data to these websites.
(2) Our website contains links and no plugins to the following social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Xing and LinkedIn, Google Plus. When these social networks are used, their data protection regulations apply.
9. Changes to these data protection regulations
We reserve the right to change these data protection regulations at any time with effect to the future. A current version is available on the website. Please visit the website regularly and inform yourself about the valid data protection regulations.
10. Your rights and contact
You can view your personal data at any time and free of charge and, if required, demand its correction and/or deletion and/or blocking. To this end, and/or to obtain more detailed information on this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have questions, comments or queries about the collection, processing and use of your personal data by us, you should also contact us at the stated e-mail address. In addition, we can also be contacted via the following contact data:
OBO BETTERMANN GmbH & Co. KG
Hüingser Ring 52
D-58710 Menden, Germany
Telephone: 0049 2373 890
Telefax: 0049 2373 89238